Monday, November 17, 2008

My Studio Xmas Tree 08



It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

The first snowflakes have really done the trick for my holiday spirit! I've been busy the last two days decorating my studio and my home. I'm having an open house here at the Decor & You Studio on December 6th from 10-4. So, the pressure is on to deck my own halls in style. Here's some photos of this year's tree.

My inspiration was the peacock. I thought the blue would complement the decor of my studio's french country sitting room. I also wanted to pay homage to this historical building, so I added a lot of sugared fruit. You'll notice the focal points and the use of lots of wide ribbon. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Love the tree and theme being all birdie and all. Can't wait to come to your open house.You ROCK!

Carol O., Floral Designer said...

Colleen,
I love the blue Christmas with Peacocks. Those are the ones I saw
at Cedarbrook.
I can't wait to work with you at the open house.
Carol, Floral Designer

Colleen Lora Designs said...

Thanks Carol - I'm sure all the attendees will love your holiday florals - they are stunning this year!